Hyde Park is a neighborhood and historic district in Austin, Texas. Located in Central Austin, Hyde Park is defined by W. 38th Street to the south, W. 51st Street to the north, Duval Street to the east, and Guadalupe Street to the west. It is situated just north of the University of Texas and borders the neighborhoods of Hancock and North Loop.
Hyde Park traces its origins back to 1891 and is considered to be Austin's first suburb. The neighborhood was originally developed by Monroe Martin Shipe in 1891 and has since become one of the most densely populated areas in the city's urban core. Part of the neighborhood was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a Historic District in 1990.